November 9, 2014 -
Ezekiel 8 "Turning away from Idols to the Living God"
以西結書 8 - [ 離開我們的偶像，轉向活的上帝]
1. Idolatry is not just going to a temple in Taiwan to worship an idol. Idolatry is saying, “God is not enough. I want the world more than God.”
2. You cannot serve two masters. You cannot keep God happy with your right hand while you pursue idols with your left hand.
3. Allowing one idol in your heart leads to more idols. 心裡若允許了一個偶像進來，會導致更多偶像。
4. The temple sacrifices in Jerusalem taught about how God would save His people from their idolatry. Salvation from all of our problems can only be found in Jesus Christ.
Questions for Reflection: 能思考的問題:
• What is idolatry? [偶像崇拜] 是甚麼?
• Even though man's jealousy is wrong, why is it right for God to be jealous? 人的 [忌妒] 雖然是不對的，上帝 [忌邪] 為何是對的?
• What do we tolerate in the churches in Taiwan? 在台灣的教會裡我們會容忍哪些事情?
• Have you adopted the values of the pagan, non-believing culture around you? 你有採用你周圍異教、非(基督)信仰的文化的價值觀嗎?
• Are you pursuing the things of this world to get the hope and the confidence and the joy that should only be found in your relationship to the Almighty God? To whom does your heart turn? 你的希望、信任和喜樂應該是在你和全能的神的關係中才能找到的; 你是不是因為要得到這些，而去追求世界的東西呢? 你的心會轉向誰?